As a visual platform, Pinterest is an ideal place for brands and businesses to share images and connect with their target audience. But how can you grow your Pinterest account and monetize the site as an individual or business?
If you’re new to affiliate marketing (also known as partnering with brands or influencers) or have yet to implement it on your own blog, Pinterest is an excellent place to start. Here’s why: With over 500 million active users, Pinterest is a great place for influencers who want to grow their brand, product, or service through affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing on Pinterest works similarly to other social media sites. In this article, we’ll explain what affiliate marketing is, why you should use it on Pinterest as a marketer, and how you can get started right away.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a marketing strategy that relies on partnering with brands or retailers who provide merchants with a small fee for their customers to make a purchase or lead. When a person follows the merchant’s affiliate link and makes a purchase, the affiliate gets a percentage of the product sales revenue.
Why Use Affiliate Marketing on Pinterest?
Pinterest is a great resource for affiliate marketers because it is a visual platform that appeals to millennials—one of the most influential demographics. However, affiliate marketing on Pinterest is also a great opportunity for bloggers who value brand awareness and revenue. Pinterest is an extremely popular platform, and as a marketer, you can leverage this to drive more traffic to your website.
How to Grow Your Pinterest Account for Affiliate Marketing
Before you begin setting up affiliate marketing campaigns on Pinterest, you must first build your Pinterest account. There are several steps you can take to increase your chances of reaching new audiences and growing your account as an influencer.
- Add your brand or product – When someone joins your Pinterest account, it’s important to add your brand to your profile as soon as possible. This can be done by visiting your Web browser, selecting “my profile,” clicking “edit profile,” and then filling in your details. You can also click your username in the top-right corner and select “edit profile.”
- Follow brands with high engagement – Another tip for growing your Pinterest for affiliate marketing is to follow brands with high engagement. Although there are many factors that determine a brand’s reach on Pinterest, one of them is how many people follow the brand. If you’d like to follow brands that have large followings on Pinterest while growing your own account, follow several brands with high engagement. (Note: You can only follow 10 brands on Pinterest at a time.) This will help you build your Pinterest account by following more accounts while simultaneously growing your own following.
- Add pins that are relevant to your niche – When adding pins on Pinterest, it’s important to choose pins that are relevant to your niche. Relevancy is key to building a large audience on Pinterest and can be measured with a number of different metrics like keywords in the pin’s title and pins that are pinned by influencers in your niche. If you’re new to Pinterest and are unsure what to pin, there are a few ways to get started. You can follow popular boards that are related to your niche, or you can search Pinterest for boards related to your niche.
How to Find Partners to Partner with for Affiliate Marketing
If you want to partner with brands on Pinterest, you’ll need to search for brand pages that are related to your niche. Once you’ve searched for brand pages related to your niche, scroll through the pins and look for partners that you think would be interested in partnering with you. When you’ve found a partner, follow the steps above to set up an affiliate marketing campaign on Pinterest.
Ways to Earn Money With Affiliate Marketing on Pinterest
If you’ve successfully grown your Pinterest account, you can monetize your account in a number of ways.
- Product reviews – One of the most popular and effective ways to earn money with affiliate marketing on Pinterest is through product reviews. While there are many different types of reviews that you can write, the majority of revenue comes from product reviews.
- Affiliate links – As we discussed above, the most profitable type of link for affiliate marketers is an affiliate link. Depending on your audience, you can either mention the brand in your post or include a link to the product in your post.
- Image-only links – Affiliate links can also be used when linking to images.
- Sponsored posts – Another common way to monetize your Pinterest account is with sponsored posts. In this type of content, you can share original post content and then simply add a link to your sponsor’s product in the body of your post.
- Sponsored boards – Another way to monetize your Pinterest account is by creating sponsored boards. In this type of campaign, you can choose between earning money from clicks or impressions, or selling advertising space on your board.
Affiliate marketing is a proven method for generating revenue for bloggers, and the ease of integrating it on Pinterest makes it an excellent opportunity for marketers to monetize their blog. With the best tools for tracking and analyzing Pinterest data, it’s possible to grow your account and earn money from affiliate marketing on the platform.